The consolidated elections election of 2017 saw a turnout 17.87% of registered voters with 75,039 votes cast. The theme of the evening was tight races with several forced to wait two weeks when provisional ballots will be counted. Some of the highlights include:
- In Crest Hill Mayor Ray Soliman winning another term with 57% of the vote
- In Bolingbrook Mayor Roger Claar leads Jacqueline Traynere 6,289 votes to 6,186 votes.
- In Joliet two of the incumbents in the At-Large Councilman race won re-election with Mike Turk and Jan Quillman winning another term. It appears that Don ‘Duck’ Dickinson may have won the third seat over incumbent Brooke Hernandez Brewer but with a difference of only 237 votes they will have to wait until the provisional ballots are counted.
- Wilmington may have elected a new mayor with Roy Strong leading Marty Orr 541 votes to 519 votes.
- Elwood has a new Village President with Todd Matichak defeating William Offerman
- Jim Holland was re-elected President of Frankfort
- Shorewood Village President is tight with Rick Chapman leading Barbara Kirkland 1,351 votes to 1,317 votes.
Again election results will not be finalized until April 25th when provisional and the last of mail-in ballots will be counted.
Pictured: An Early Evening As All Precincts Reporting before 9pm at the Will County Building Lobby