Fire At Raynor Avenue Residence

On Thursday morning the Joliet Fire Department was dispatched to a residence located at 835 N. Raynor Ave. with smoke billowing from the second story windows. The fire originated in an upstairs bedroom with an overloaded power strip ignited and spread to the nearby bed. The resident was downstairs at the time of the fire and went upstairs to investigate when the smoke detectors were set off. The resident tried putting out the fire themselves with a bucket of water. When they were unsuccessful 911 was called and the fire department dispatched.

Everyone was clear of the building and no injuries were sustained. According the Joliet Fire Department, the residence sustained approximately $40,000 in damages and Red Cross will be assisting 2 adults and 2 children.

RELATED CONTENT

Donations Needed For Joliet Family Who Lost Everything In Fire Valley View Board to Meet in Regular Session Monday, February 26th 2018 Don Ladas Memorial WJOL Baseball Tournament Announced Kankakee Community College Miner South Extension Center Cancels Classes Zonta Club of Joliet Area Holds Annual Fundraiser March 18th Manhattan Irish Parade Grand Marshall, King and Queen Announced
Comments