Today: Sunshine; with record-breaking temperatures. High 99.
Tonight: Little relief from the heat over night. Low 78.
Tomorrow: Sunshine and very hot; minimize outdoor activity. High 101.
Friday: Partly sunny and cooler but still humid. High 88.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. High 79.
Sunday: Pleasant with sunshine. High 78.
So what to do for the next two days:
- Drink plenty of fluids, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- If you have to be outdoors, pace yourself.
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing.
- If you’re outside, re-apply sunscreen frequently.
- If over-heated, take a cool shower or a cool bath.
- Check on friends and neighbors, especially the elderly and the disabled.
- NEVER leave children or pets in cars … even for a “short” period of time.
- If you don’t have air conditioning, visit indoor public buildings like stores and libraries.