License Plate Renewal At Bolingbrook’s Library
Renewing your license plate shouldn’t be an all-day event—and now it doesn’t have to be. You can renew your Illinois license plate at the Bolingbrook Fountaindale Library. Stop by seven days a week to purchase your vehicle sticker in just minutes.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your Illinois vehicle registration renewal notice sent by the Secretary of State, current registration card or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Your current driver’s license or ID
Please note, if your vehicle is due for an emissions test or you do not have a valid driver’s license, we will not be able to process your renewal.
COST & SERVICE FEE
- Generally, the cost is $151 per sticker, but the sticker cost depends on the type of license plate you are renewing.
- $7.50 service fee for each sticker
- 3% transaction fee for each sticker if paying by credit card (no additional charge if paying with cash)
LOCATION & HOURS
Stickers can be purchased at our 1st Floor Circulation Desk. We cannot make stickers for previous years. This service is available seven days a week, from opening until 30 minutes before closing.
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Friday–Saturday: 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Sunday: noon–5:30 p.m.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHY DO WE CHARGE SERVICE FEES?
We contracted with a vendor to provide this service through the Secretary of State. The $7.50 service fee represents the cost associated with the vendor. In addition, we pay a small fee per transaction to credit card providers.
CAN I PURCHASE A LICENSE PLATE STICKER FOR A FAMILY MEMBER?
A family member can only purchase a sticker if the address listed on their ID is the same as what is listed on the vehicle’s registration.
CAN I CHANGE THE ADDRESS ON MY REGISTRATION?
Yes, you can only change the address on your registration to match the address listed on your driver’s license. If the address on your driver’s license is incorrect, we cannot change the address on your registration, but we can still issue the sticker.
Library press release