Newest Update on Friday, November 3, 2023
Dear Lockport Township High School District 205 Parents and Guardians,
As we navigate the challenges posed by facility usage at Central Campus, we want to provide you with an updated plan for learning continuity, particularly for the upcoming week of November 6, 2023. At this time, we anticipate three more days of eLearning for freshman students to ensure that forensic architects can make a thorough assessment of the building. As we receive more information, things can change so we appreciate your patience and flexibility. We will continue to communicate with you as we learn more over the weekend and into next week. Please take note of the following details:
Central Campus Building Assessment Updates:
- Earlier today, we published the report on any Asbestos findings in the debris from Room 310.
- We are reviewing and verifying our capacity numbers at East Campus if freshman students need to use East Campus to resume in-person learning.
- Architects have confirmed that this collapse is not a building structure issue but a sub-structure issue related to construction methods in some of our Central Campus classrooms.
Central Campus Only Students:
- Monday & Tuesday (November 6 and 7): We will continue to follow our regular full-day schedule with students meeting with their classes online through Google Meet.
- Wednesday (November 8): We will maintain the standard Wednesday schedule with classes occurring online through Google Meet and beginning at 9:45 AM.
- Central students will not report to Compass but should be back online for their 3rd-hour class.
- Central Campus traveling students have the option to attend East Campus classes in-person and be stationed in the Maroon Room to complete their eLearning classes with their Central Campus teachers.
- East Campus students who travel to Central for in-person classes should go to the Maroon Room to join their online Central classes.
- We have postponed Career Week which was scheduled for next week, November 7 – November 10. We are looking at dates to reschedule and information will be released when it becomes available.
Lockport Academy & CCC:
- The Lockport Academy and CCC will meet at the Lockport Township offices on Farrell Road for in-person learning. A separate email was sent to families with specific information regarding this transition.
We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we navigate this unique situation and your dedication to our students as we work on solutions for in-person learning after November 8. Your commitment is vital to our shared success. As we continue to receive assessment reports regarding Central Campus, we will be sharing that information with you as soon as we can. Please know that our doors, emails, and phones are open to any and all questions you might have.
Robert McBride, Ed.D
Superintendent, Lockport Township High School District 205