New COVID Mitigations For Entire State Start Friday
With a new wave of COVID-19 surging across the state of Illinois, the Midwest and the nation, Governor JB Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced additional COVID-19 mitigations which will take effect across the state in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus. Tier 3 mitigations will take effect statewide at 12:01 am on Friday, November 20, 2020.
While this latest round of mitigations does not include a stay at home order, if the mitigations are not adhered to and cases continue to rise in the weeks ahead, another order may be required.
Tier 3 mitigations will see some of the following changes:
- Gaming and casinos close
- Indoor recreation centers, including theaters, performing arts centers and indoor museums and amusement centers, close
- Grocery stores and pharmacies may operate at up to 50% capacity
- Pause all indoor group sporting and recreational activities including youth and adult recreational sports, individual training may remain
- Locker rooms should be closed
- Limit in home gatherings to household members
- Meeting rooms, banquet centers, private party rooms, private clubs and country clubs may not host gatherings
- No party buses
To prevent the further spread of COVID-19, Illinois residents are urged to stay home as much as possible and celebrate upcoming holidays with members of their household. Illinoisans over the age of two years are required to wear a face covering when out in public and social distancing is not easily achievable. Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or who may have been in contact with someone exhibiting symptoms should seek out testing and quarantine at home; anyone who has tested positive for the virus should isolate at home as directed by their physician or local health department.