Canadian wildfires still causing hazing skies and poor air quality across the Midwest. The air quality today is at orange, which is unhealthy for sensitive groups. Tomorrow it’s expected to be yellow or moderate. Under 50 is good which is the green zone.
According to Airnow.gov as of 8 a.m. air quality in Joliet was at 167, worse in Bolingbrook at 181.
People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities.
- Keep outdoor activities short.
- Consider moving physical activities indoors or rescheduling them.
Everyone else – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Choose less strenuous activities (like walking instead of running) so you don’t breathe as hard.
- Shorten the amount of time you are active outdoors.
- Be active outdoors when air quality is better.