The Invest in Kids Tax Credit Scholarship Program is a proven success with bipartisan voter support. The TCS Program’s pilot window will sunset by the end of 2023, unless legislators reauthorize the program. Thousands of families rely on tax credit scholarships to help their kids access their best-fit schools. Without the program sunset being removed, kids and families will face perpetual uncertainty or be unable to attend their best-fit school. Empower Illinois and the Tax Credit Scholarship Community–including families, school partners, and community partners–will champion Illinois’ kids and work to secure the program’s future.
Catholics across Illinois are rallying to save a statewide scholarship program that serves more than 9,000 lower-income children. A town hall meeting sponsored by several schools in the Diocese of Joliet will be held on Thursday, October 12, 2023, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Joliet Catholic Academy’s chapel in Joliet (1200 N. Larkin Avenue).
Register to attend here >> http://events.r20.
Diocese of Joliet schools hosting the event include:
- St. Mary Immaculate School, Plainfield
- Cathedral of St. Raymond School, Joliet
- Holy Family School, Shorewood
- St. Paul the Apostle School, Joliet
- St. Jude Catholic School, Joliet
- St. Mary Nativity School, Joliet
- St. Jude Catholic School, New Lenox
- St. Joseph School, Manhattan
- St. Andrew the Apostle School, Romeoville
- St. Scholastica School, Woodridge
- Immaculate Conception School, Morris
- Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet
- Providence Catholic High School, New Lenox
Illinois constituents can visit the Catholic Conference of Illinois website or call the Springfield office at (217) 528-9200 for further information on how to locate elected officials, request sample wording for a message to a legislator, or for information about how to donate to this program.