Morris Menards Suffers A Million Dollars In Damage
The Menards in Morris suffered a million dollars in damages following a weekend fire. Morris Fire Chief Tracy Steffes say the blaze was caused by a malfunctioning deep freeze that caused some racks of dry goods to catch fire. The sprinkler system was activated and contained the fire before the fire department arrived.
The fire escalated to a Box Alarm Fire. A large amount of man power was needed to place the fire attack lines into service due to the size of the building. The building was filled with smoke from the floor to the ceiling according to Chief Steffes. They were able to use a large ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the building. The fan was provided by the Lyons Fire Department.
Menards was closed on Sunday, but is open today. No one was injured. The estimated damage was also due to a loss in revenue from Sunday sales.