Bolingbrook Library to Reopen Monday, June 15th
June 15, 2020 5:17AM CDT
The Bolingbrook Foutaindale Library will be reopening on Monday, June 15.
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday–Saturday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunday: noon–6 p.m.
In order to help protect our patrons and staff, we ask that you please adhere to the following requirements when visiting our building:
- Wear a face covering or mask at all times
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often
- Wipe down equipment with disinfecting wipes before and after use
- No food or drink inside the library
Please note, our water fountains are turned off, and Brooks Cafe is not open at this time.
- We have set limits on the number of patrons in the library at one time.
- Furniture and tables have been removed or spaced out to help maintain social distancing.
- Signs have been placed on the floor for social distancing at service desks.
- Elevators are limited to one person/family at a time.
- Directional signs have been placed on the floor to guide you through the stacks.
- Select computers in our Computer Commons and in Children’s Services will not be available to help maintain social distancing.
- All public meeting rooms, study rooms, Local History Room, the Vortex and Studio 300 are closed at this time.
- The Bookmobile will resume community stops, but patrons will not be able to board the Bookmobile at this time.
USING YOUR LIBRARY FROM HOME
We understand that not everyone is ready to come visit us in person just yet. We will continue to provide virtual resources and services that you can access from home or from outside our building:
- Our drive-thru service is open during regular business hours. You are welcome to place holds using our catalog and pick them up at our drive-thru when they are ready. Be sure to select Fountaindale Library Drive-Thru Window as your pickup library when placing your holds.
- Please note, beginning Monday, June 15, we will no longer check out your holds to your library card in advance of picking them up. We will also no longer call you when your holds are ready for pick up; we will notify you via your preferred method for receiving library notices. If you would like to change your preferred contact method, log into ‘My Account’, click ‘My Record’ in the left sidebar and scroll down to ‘Contact Information and Preferences’.
- Please return materials to any of our four external book drops. We are not accepting returns at service desks, but there are return bins located in the lobby that you can use. The drive-thru is for materials pickup only.
- Join us for new and exciting virtual events and programs every week!
- Outreach Services will continue to make contactless deliveries to our home delivery patrons.
- Our Wi-Fi will continue to reach our parking lot daily from 6 a.m. until midnight.