Local Veterans Day Events
November 10, 2021 6:17AM CST
The Will County Veterans Assistance Commission will be holding several Veterans Day events to honor those who have served.
- Veterans Day ceremony at the New Lenox Commons with a military uniform display and other exhibits and activities. November 11th at 11 a.m. at the New Lenox Commons on Veterans Parkway in New Lenox.
- The Vietnam Moving Wall, sponsored by the Village of New Lenox. This replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial will be on display at the Thomas E Hartung American Legion Post 1977 in new Lenox on Wednesday, November 10th through Sunday November 14th. It’s open to the public with free admission.
- “Thanks for Giving” Luncheon on Saturday November 13th at the HighPoint Friendship Center in Romeoville. Every Veteran is cordially invited to bring 1 guest to this traditional Thanksgiving meal, with live music fro the Illinois Army National Guard Jazz Band.
- Also, Joliet Mayor Bob O’Dekirk will be at two ceremonies on November 11th. The first held outside at the American Legion post 1080 along Ingalls at 10 a.m. followed by a ceremony at Tezak’s Funeral Home along Plainfield Road in Joliet.
- The annual Veteran’s Day Ceremony at Tezak’s is for the families of veteran’s they have serviced for this past year. The Manhattan American Legion Post #935 joins to post colors and render honors. Mayor Bob O’Dekirk will be joining them to share a few words about the importance of Veterans Day. The funeral home presents a memorial plaque to the families to honor their loved ones. Veteran’s are welcomed to attend the ceremony and show support, a flag pin will be given as recognition. Veteran’s Day Ceremony will be held Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
- The Village of Bolingbrook’s Veterans Day Ceremony is back in person this year. The ceremony will be held outdoors at the Veterans Memorial in front of Town Center located at 375 W Briarcliff Road in Bolingbrook on Thursday, November 11th at 11 a.m.